Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Votl (4/2/2009)

Happy Birthday VotL! 2 years ago this week we launched Victory of the Lamb on Palm Sunday of 2007. It’s amazing to think it’s really only been two years that we’ve been worshiping together. But wow has God been good to us…so good in fact that we’ve pretty much outgrown the Polonia Soccer Club and we’ll be moving to Showtime Cinema starting Sundays in May.

We had 122 people at worship this past Sunday. The reason I even mention this though is not to somehow boast about what we’ve done, but because that number represents people—people dearly loved by God, people that Jesus gave up his life for. It’s about what God, in his grace, has done for each of us. Among those people at worship on Sunday, I’ve had the privilege of seeing God work the gift of faith in some of their hearts. I’ve had the privilege of seeing God bring people into his family through baptism. I’ve seen God work in incredible ways and change people’s lives. When I get really busy or start focusing on myself…I try to reflect on the people I get to share Jesus with every week, and I can’t help but be humbled and awed by the grace of God that he would allow me to get to play a role in leading people to know Him. Especially this week as we focus on the suffering and death of our Savior, I can’t wait for Sunday to celebrate Easter at VotL and hopefully get to meet more people searching for hope. I know we’ll have a bunch of new people come check out VotL this Sunday for Easter so if you’ve been thinking about coming, but haven’t yet, we’d love to have you join us.

Finally, I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who helped out with our Easter for Kids event at the Franklin Public Library on March 28th. It was really an awesome day! We had over 90 kids this year which makes it the most highly attended kids’ event that we’ve ever had. We had a lot of kids and almost not enough volunteers. A lot of you had to work really hard to make everything run smoothly, but again, it was an incredibly organized and well run event. And without a doubt, we got to make an impact on kids’ lives. A couple pictures even made it onto the franklinnow.com webpage. You can see them here: They were the first pics in the gallery, but you might have to scroll a little bit to find them if someone else posts newer pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment