Monday, January 10, 2011

Everybody Invites Somebody

This week I’m wrapping up our Ministry Plan for 2011—June 2012. Part of working through a Ministry Plan is reviewing what God has accomplished through us during the previous year. You’ll get to hear about that and see how God has blessed us. One of the things that blew me away was how for the 2nd consecutive year since we’ve moved to Showtime Cinema, our congregation grew by another 33%! Why is that? I’m sure different people can point to various reasons. Let me just give you 2 quick ones that come to my mind:

1) The power of the Holy Spirit working through the gospel message--the good news that Jesus won for us the victory over sin and death. I mean, this is the best news of all time!
2) We are a congregation of inviters!

We invite people because we're excited about our church's mission and our message. We say, “Come and see!” But I think we can do it more. I think I can do it more. I think everybody can invite somebody. I think we haven’t even begun to see what God can do through us if we all take it up just one notch this year when it comes to personal invitations. I can't wait to see what God has in store this year as he continues to change peoples' lives through the message of Christ's victory.

A personal invitation is how a man named Nathaniel met Jesus in the Bible after all. John 1:45-46 45 Philip found Nathanael and told him, "We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote-- Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph." 46 "Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?" Nathanael asked. "Come and see," said Philip.

So if you're reading this and you've been wondering, "Hmm, should I check out that church?"...please do. Just come and see for yourself why we're so excited about our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment