Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summertime

Hello Friends,
First of all I wanted to give a great big THANK YOU to all the people who participated in the 4th of July parade on Monday...especially to our worship band for hauling all their equipment and playing, the Kiesows for providing our decorated chariot, and to all the incredible volunteers who walked along with the float handing out flyers and candy in the hot sun. Thanks also to everyone who donated candy or supplies for our float. I think I can safely speak for everyone who helped in saying that by the time I got home at 2, I was completely exhausted and it sure felt good to put my feet up!

But it was well worth it. In fact this year we got to be the “Grand Finale” to the parade and that was pretty cool. It's really a lot of fun to be out in the community, interacting with people, and inviting them to our summer events. It's important for us not just to go to church, but to be the church out in the world sharing Christ's victory.

Just a reminder to all of you of our two big VotL events this summer that we were promoting at the parade. First off, Hallepalooza! is coming up on Saturday, July 23rd at Lions Legend Park here in Franklin. It's from 11 – 3. Entertainment will include live music, kids' games, some great door prizes donated from community business and free food. I'll wrap things up with a devotion from God's Word at 2 and we'll give away the door prizes after that.

Next, just a reminder that our annual Soccer Bible Camp will be held August 1-4th at the Polonia soccer fields. It's a great time for kids ages 5-12. Register online by July 18th.

One last thing, if you've been on vacation or out of town I'd encourage you to go back and catch up on the sermon podcasts from our summer series: Unmasking the Christian Atheist. I'm really excited about this series and I believe that it's going to help a lot of people apply the Gospel to their lives. If you prefer you can also download and read a pdf of the sermon through our sermon series page. Of course, if you've been thinking about checking Victory of the Lamb, I'd like to encourage you to come and visit any Sunday this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment