Monday, October 31, 2011

I'm Staying!

Thank you for all your prayers, texts, phone calls, and conversations over the last couple weeks as I deliberated my call to serve as the pastor of Our Redeemer Lutheran Church in Madison. I can only describe the last couple weeks as a time of intense wrestling with God. Their vision to reach their rapidly changing and diverse urban neighborhood is compelling and urgent.

However, after prayerful wrestling, deep soul searching, and many long conversations...yesterday I announced my decision to stay at Victory of the Lamb and continue to share Christ's victory here in Franklin with you. I am so thankful to God for all that’s he’s done through us here and I look forward to seeing what more we can accomplish by his power and grace.

I do believe this whole call process has been healthy for all of us to go through. I believe through this call process that God has given me many insights not only about myself but about our mission here in Southeastern Wisconsin. Undoubtedly this is one reason why God gives a pastor and his church another call to consider sometimes.

One thing I have personally committed to doing and I would ask you to do also is to be praying for Our Redeemer church and school until the Holy Spirit sends them just the man he already has in mind to be their shepherd.

Finally, one verse that I found especially comforting over the last month is when Jesus told his little group of followers, “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom” (Luke 12:32).

No comments:

Post a Comment