New Year's News
Happy New Year! It's true, no one knows what this new year will bring…but no matter what happens, because of Jesus, it will still be a blessed year—another opportunity to hear God's word of grace, another year to be strengthened by Christ’s body and blood, another season to view and relive how amazing Christ’s victory is for us and to share it with others.
- We’re back! 2,500 miles safely driven under the Lord's protecting care as my family and I spent the past week in Texas visiting family and friends.
- A special highlight for me was guest preaching at Grace Lutheran Church in Cypress Springs Village, TX—the church where I served for one year as a Vicar. I also gave them a PowerPoint presentation on our ministry at VotL. Our brothers and sisters in Christ from Grace send their warm greetings and prayers for God’s blessings on our mission.
- Your prayers are requested for the launch of Teen Ministry Milwaukee—a weekly teen group starting this January 6th comprised of teens from all over southern Milwaukee County. Our very own Jon Schmidt is leading this effort. Contact Jon for more info at 414-531-3690 or by email.
- I will be meeting with Vicar Joe next week to nail down a plan for Sheep Squads in the new year. Pray that God would help us get more people connected.
- I also need to work out a Sunday morning Bible study plan. For the time being we’re going to give that time from 8:30-9:10 back to the band for them to practice.
- Needed: people willing to learn how to set up and operate the a/v equipment used in worship and for live streaming. You don’t have to be a tech guru, just willing to learn. Can learn before church. Contact me if you’re interested. We really need your help with this.
- Have you checked out YouVersion yet for your smartphone or iPad? It’s not too late to set a goal to read through the Bible in 2013.
- Last but not least, please pray for our church staff: for me as your Pastor, for Cassy as our Children’s Ministry Director, for Joe as our Student Assistant, and for Mark Goodger in his new volunteer role working to develop much needed structure for volunteerism and better communication within our church.
You partner in sharing Christ’s victory,