Friday, March 22, 2013

Victory News



Dear Friends,

The world we live in can be incredibly superficial and shallow, wouldn’t you agree? Yet we have no shallow Savior. Though misunderstood by many, Jesus died for all…so strong and sure is his love for us.

Join us this Sunday, March 24th on “Palm Sunday” as we wrap up our series "It Must Happen This Way” and start getting excited looking ahead to Easter next week!

  • Thursday evening we wrapped up another Bible 101 class. As always I had so much fun and it’s amazing to watch the Spirit work. I rejoice in the confessions of faith in Jesus that I got to hear while sitting around the table. Congratulations Jordan, Kristina, Sue, and Rick! I look forward to starting 201 with you in 3 weeks. 
  • There will be a note in the worship folder Sunday about this…but once again we are going to be collecting food for our Christian brother, Cal Miller. There will be a box for donations as well for canned and dry goods this Sunday and next.
  • Needed: 4 people to come over here to the parsonage at 1 pm on Sunday for about 1 hr to help sort 17,000 Easter postcards into post office mailing trays. Please email or txt me if you’d like to help. 
  • Depending on my schedule and the weather next week I will be sending out an email inviting you to hit the pavement with me and hand out Easter postcard invitations door to door. 
  • A Holy Week worship schedule is in the worship folder this Sunday with information regarding Maundy Thursday and Good Friday services at a number of local churches since we don’t have our own special services. 
  • Easter is next Sunday! It’s a great time to invite someone to church. Who are you praying for who needs Jesus? I’m personally praying for a young man named Justin. I’m going to try and catch him at the gym next week to personally invite him to our Easter service.
Sharing Christ’s Victory,

Pastor Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment