Weekly Victory News
Feeling gloomy this week? I’ll be honest. Me too. I would like to see sunshine again…soon. But here’s what I was reminded of yesterday and today: Jesus’ gracious presence lifts us out of the gloom! His resurrection also gives our lives new meaning and purpose. I am so looking forward to worshiping with you this Sunday and helping you see how this is also true for you.
- We will be having Bible study before church again starting this Sunday from 8:30-9:10 am in theater #6. I will start us on a 5-6 week journey through the New Testament book of 1 Peter. So come to church a little earlier than usual, grab a cup of coffee, bring a Bible, and join us! If you get a chance, go ahead and read through the first chapter of 1 Peter on your own beforehand.
- We are celebrating Holy Communion this Sunday. I am looking forward to that with you. What a special meal our Savior provides for us!
- Thanks for attending Scott Barefoot’s talk before church last week on “leaving the gay lifestyle through God’s grace.” I’m glad we had such a good turnout. He did a great job talking at my pastors’ conference on Monday too. I hope you all know that if you or anyone you know is struggling with sin in your life, any sin, no matter what it is, that I would just be honored to listen and help you find strength in God’s grace.
- The Leadership Team will have an update for you in the worship folder on Sunday. Please take note of it.
- Have you registered for the Life-A-Thon 5K Run/Walk yet? If you were as nauseated or horrified by the news regarding that abortion clinic in Philadelphia this week, the Life-A-Thon is an opportunity for you to help do something positive to celebrate God’s gift of life and support a vital life-saving, Christ-centered ministry: WELS Lutherans for Life Metro-Milwaukee. The Life-A-Thon is on Saturday, May 11th in West Allis in the morning. Go online to register at www.Life-A-Thon.org