Friday, November 15, 2013

Victory News - Replenish


"Time is the world's  most perishable good, and it is not replenishable."
It was healthy to be able to get away and enjoy some time with family and good friends but it’ll be so good to be back with you this Sunday. Thankfully I hear that church at Victory of the Lamb last Sunday went just fine without me, in fact much better than the Packers’ game that Sarah and I went to!

Before the game though we had the opportunity to worship at St. Mark in De Pere. We got to hear a great sermon on love as part one of a series they were starting called Relationships: Handle with Care. It was neat also to be in their newer church building designed more for modern communication and ministry. (I’m taking notes everywhere I go.)

If you were at Victory of the Lamb or you watched online, Ben Reichel, our student assistant, kicked off our new sew series How to Survive the End of the World. What a heady title that is, huh!?

I thought Vicar Ben did a great job introducing us to this series by taking us into a book of the Bible called Matthew where Jesus was talking. There we heard Jesus making us aware of all things that he says will happen leading up to the end of the world. Jesus told us in advance signs that should remind us that he is coming back soon. Ben then told us about how we can be prepared for Christ’s return by clinging to the gospel of Jesus no matter what bad things are happening all around us. That’s the key to making it all the way safely Home!

Well this Sunday I’ll be exploring that idea further with you as we learn from a story that Jesus himself told about his return at The End. It’s found in Matthew 25:1-13. We’re going to talk about the one unreplenishable gift that we have—time. And we’re going to talk about how we can use our gift of time wisely so that God can replenish our faith through his means of grace.

  • Thank you, everyone, who’s reached out to me so far through texts, emails, etc.  with encouragement or counsel regarding my call to Goodview Trinity in Winona, MN. I have had good conversations about it. It’s quite an adventure to hold two different calls from God to serve his people. I continue to be humbled and learn things about myself and about our gracious God. I have been prayerfully considering where I can best serve using my gifts and abilities to His glory. I hope to announce a decision next Sunday, November 24th. Please keep me, our church, and Goodview Trinity in your prayers.

  • Yesterday I got to participate in a super fun meeting. Members from Kayla’s Krew, Victory of the Lamb, architects and engineers met Downtown to talk about and tweak our site plan that we are submitting to the City of Franklin Plan Commission. If you read the Franklin NOW paper yesterday maybe you saw that our application for rezoning has officially been entered. We will have a public hearing with the Plan Commission on December 5th and then with the Common Council on December 17th. One more thing to keep in your prayers. More news to come!


  • Mark your calendars...this year’s Operation Jesus Cares’ Christmas project with Christ-St. Peters will be held on Thursday, December 19th. There will be a sign up sheet at church Sunday on the OJC table for volunteering for the 19th.  Please write your name and email address on the form, and Ryan Solie will send out more detailed emails as the event approaches. There will also be a donation box at the OJC table that you can make donations in.

  • Watch the video I made last year for our Operation Jesus Cares' Christmas project.

  • Sermon audio podcast from Sunday.
Sharing Christ’s Victory,

Pastor Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment