Friday, September 5, 2014

Lemonade Verses (God refreshes me)


When I was a kid playing outside and running around during the summer, I so looked forward to going into the kitchen to enjoy a refreshing glass of cold lemonade. My mom always had lemonade in the fridge.

As an adult, I still find myself needing to be refreshed. But I've learned that it's not just my body after playing basketball or going for a run. My soul needs to refreshed too. Life's a lot like running around. You get tired. Worn out. Stressed out. You run into some sad stuff. Some really sad stuff.
Where can we find a refreshing glass of lemonade for our soul? The answer is in God's Word of course. Take a look at some of my favorite "lemonade verses". Pick one and make it your own today. Let God's Spirit speak to you through it and refresh your sad and weary soul. 

John 16:33
  “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” – Jesus
Zephaniah 3:17   17 The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
Lamentations 3:22-23   22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Jeremiah 29:11   11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Philippians 4:12-13   I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength. – The Apostle Paul
Add Your Own….

No comments:

Post a Comment