Thursday, September 4, 2014

Outlet Verses (God recharges my faith)


My laptop computer is a couple years old now. The battery never really lasted all that long in the first place. Fully charged, I could get two, maybe three hours out of it. A couple years later though I'm lucky to get one and a half, two hours tops.

So when I take my computer to a coffee shop to work, what do I do? I look for a place where I can plug into an outlet. There's nothing more frustrating than starting a sermon or something important only to run out of juice. A couple weeks ago I lost about two hours of work when I thought I was plugged into an outlet but really wasn't. Talk about futility!

Our faith is kind of like that though too. We need to stay plugged into God's Word. God's Word is the outlet that recharges our faith batteries and keeps us connected to Christ. So Meditatio means taking time each day to stay connected to Christ as we plug into his Word throughout the day, mulling it over in our minds, letting the Spirit work it deep down into our hearts. 

The following are my "outlet verses" that remind me of the importance of staying connected to God throughout the day by plugging into his Word. What's your favorite?

2 Peter 3:18  Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever!
Romans 10:17  17 Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.
Colossians 3:16   16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly.
Psalm 119:105   105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
2 Timothy 3:14-15   14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment